Web development Lead Teacher
Ironhack is an education startup that was founded to disrupt the way we learn about technology. It sucks that we’ve been learning the same way since the Industrial Revolution, so we empower students to find meaningful careers in software development or product design by offering immersive learning experiences to extremely motivated people.
Our higher purpose is to transform the education space by making it customer-centric and outcomes-driven. Students finish our program with a new way of thinking and approaching problems, resulting in new jobs, promotions at their current jobs, or companies they’ve built.
- Founded in 2013 by Wharton and Harvard grads
- Operations in Barcelona, Madrid, Miami, Paris, Mexico City, Berlin, Amsterdam and Sao Paulo
- 100% YoY Growth (help us to keep it going!)
- Graduated over 2,000 students
- 70+ global team members & venture capital backed
#About the gig
We are looking for a Lead Instructor for our Web Development Bootcamp who is not only passionate about coding, but also about sharing his/her knowledge with the next generation of developers. The Lead Instructor is someone who has a deep understanding of programming and good development practices gathered from his/her educational journey and real-world experience. You need to be a strong communicator and very patient -- you’ll need to be able to explain abstract concepts to first-time developers. It's a full time job, but during the afternoons we will let you develop your own projects as a freelance.
- Technologies & skills with professional experience:
- Deep understanding of computer programming principles.
- Follow Engineering best practices to solve problems.
- Web Design (Responsive HTML / CSS frameworks / jQuery)
- Front-end Framework (React, Angular2, Backbone)
- NoSQL Databases (MongoDB, Redis)
- Other technologies that would be useful to have:
- At least one additional object-oriented scripting languages (ruby preferred)
- SQL Databases (PostgreSQL, MariaDB, Neo4).
- Infrastructure (cloud deployment, security, devOps, performance)
- Fluent in Spanish.
- Passion for education: although we don’t require previous formal teaching experience, we’re looking for people that enjoy teaching/mentoring others and that are involved in the coding community.
- Experience managing and keeping a team motivated. Can-do attitude and a good sense of humor.
- Great communication skills, can you be engaging as a teacher? :)