VP of Education
Ironhack is an education startup that was founded to disrupt the way we learn about technology. It sucks that we’ve been learning the same way since the Industrial Revolution, so we empower students to find meaningful careers in software development or product design by offering immersive learning experiences to extremely motivated people.
Our higher purpose is to transform the education space by making it customer-centric and outcomes-driven. Students finish our program with a new way of thinking and approaching problems, resulting in new jobs, promotions at their current jobs, or companies they’ve built.
- Founded in 2013 by Wharton and Harvard grads
- Operations in Miami, Madrid, Barcelona, Paris, Mexico City and Berlin
- 100% YoY Growth (help us to keep it going!)
- Graduated over 1,200 students
- 50+ global team members & venture capital backed
#About the gig
We’re looking for a VP of Education that will help us take our educational programs to the next level. The VP of Education will report to the co-founders and can be based in any of our 6 cities (listed above).
The VP of Education will be responsible for:
- Overseeing all educational aspects of our courses, including driving innovation in our pedagogy, instructional design and curriculum
- Recruiting and managing subject matter experts to maintain a cutting edge curriculum for all of our courses using a data-driven approach
- Researching market demand and identifying student needs to develop opportunities for new course offerings
- Hiring, onboarding and leading professional development programs for our Lead Instructors
- Working closely with our VP of Product on our learning platform and other tech tools that will enhance our students’ learning experience
- Improving our student application process to ensure that we are attracting and enrolling the right students for our courses
- Defining and and implementing our learning outcomes measurement systems
- Promoting Ironhack and yourself as a thought leader in education innovation
#Is this you?
- Passionate about education and technology!
- You have a compelling vision for the future of education and professional development
- Comfortable embracing a culture of constant experimentation
- Experienced in instructional and/or curriculum design
- A proven leader with outstanding management and interpersonal skills
- Data-driven and analytical
- Really positive, upbeat and social
- Encouraged by challenges and enjoy having tons of autonomy with no bureaucratic BS
- A do-er - the moment you get out of bed, you’re getting stuff done
- A strong communicator. Comfortable both drafting a memo and making a 20 minute presentation to an audience
- Experienced with programming and/or UX/UI design a big plus
- Competitive salary + stock options
- Flexible work environment
- Tons of awesome events with our students and community of instructors
- Learn to code or UX/UI design: enroll in our part-time courses for free!
- Annual global company off-site + global leadership summit