Part-time UX/UI Instructor (MIA)
At Ironhack we are looking for a Part-time (evenings and weekends) Instructor for our UX/UI Design Bootcamp with a passion for user experience design, and also a passion for sharing their knowledge with the next generation of UX/UI designers. You need to be a strong communicator and very patient -- you’ll need to be able to explain abstract concepts to first-time designers and walk them through the entire design process.
The part-time instructor will be responsible for:
- Overseeing the part-time academic experience of an Ironhack bootcamp (from student selection to graduation)
- Teaching at our Miami Campus
- Creating and preparing engaging content for our part-time UX/UI courses that may include lessons, exercises and/or mini-projects
- Managing Teaching Assistants (TA)
- Availability to teach in-person at our Miami campus in Brickell on Tuesdays + Thursdays (6:30-9:30PM) and Saturdays (10AM-5PM).
- 3-5+ years of design experience in the UX/UI industry, preferably in a leadership role.
- Technologies & skills with good understanding of:
- UX/UI design process and design thinking methodology
- UX/UI best practices
- UX strategy & research
- Information Architecture
- Design patterns and heuristics
- Strong visual design skills
- Typography, colors, layouts, grids, style guides
- Proficient with SKETCH design software
- Familiar with scalable design systems
- Prototyping tools - InVision
- Usability testing
- Other skills that would be useful to have
- Experience with GV Design Sprints
- Experience with Flinto
- Passion for education: although we don’t require previous formal teaching experience, we’re looking for people that enjoy teaching/mentoring others and that are involved in the UX/UI design community
- Experience managing and keeping a team motivated. Can-do attitude and a good sense of humor
- Passion for feedback and mentorship
- Great communication skills and an ability to capture people’s attention :)
- Fluent in English
- Start: May 2018
- Attend our other bootcamps for free.
- Inspiring workplace and smart, passionate team.
- Cool events year round.
- A community of passionate technology enthusiasts.
- Founded by Wharton and Harvard grads in the fall of 2013
- Located in Miami, Madrid, Barcelona, Mexico City, Paris, & Berlin.
- Already graduated over 1,000+ students
Ironhack is an education startup that was founded to disrupt the way we learn about technology. We think it sucks that we’ve been learning the same way since the Industrial Revolution, so we empower students to find meaningful careers in software development or product design by offering immersive learning experiences to extremely motivated people.
Our higher purpose is to transform the education space by making it more customer-centric and outcomes-driven. Students finish our program with a new way of thinking and approaching problems, resulting in new jobs, companies they’ve built, or promotions at their current jobs.
We are constantly updating our curriculum to reflect changes in the industry and we work hard to build a passionate community for our students and staff. With 10+ nationalities represented in a staff of 50+ people, we are no strangers to diverse points of view, unusual background stories and independent go-getters. Everyone is heard, there is no bureaucratic B.S.
We're located in Miami, Madrid, Barcelona, Paris, Mexico City, & Berlin- come join us!