Lead Teacher Web Development, Lisbon
We are looking for a Lead Teacher for our Web Development Bootcamp. THE key position for our bootcamp, we are looking for a developer passionate of coding, but also passionate about sharing his/her knowledge with the next generation of developers. The Lead Teacher is someone who has a deep understanding of programming and good development practices gathered from his/her educational journey and real-world experience.
You need to be a strong communicator and very patient -- you’ll need to be able to explain abstract concepts to the future generation of developers.
The Lead instructor will be responsible for:
- Overseeing the whole academic experience of an Ironhack bootcamp (from student selection to graduation)
- Teaching at our Lisbon Campus
- Creating engaging content for our Web Development courses that may include lessons, exercises and/or mini-projects
- Managing Teaching Assistants (TA)
- Lead instructor will not need to produce the curriculum. The curriculum is developed by the global education team, so the content is ready. However, all our Lead Teachers are a key piece on giving feedback to Education team in order to improve the curriculum
Expected Start date: August 2019
- Technologies & skills with professional experience:
- Deep understanding of computer programming principles.
- Follow Engineering best practices to solve problems.
- Web Design (Responsive HTML / CSS frameworks / jQuery)
- Front-end Framework (React, Angular2, Backbone)
- NoSQL Databases (MongoDB, Redis)
- Other technologies that would be useful to have:
- At least one additional object-oriented scripting languages (ruby preferred)
- SQL Databases (PostgreSQL, MariaDB, Neo4).
- Infrastructure (cloud deployment, security, devOps, performance)
Fluent in English, as the bootcamp will be taught in that language.
Passion for education: although we don’t require previous formal teaching experience, we’re looking for people that enjoy teaching/mentoring others and that are involved in the coding community. We will test passion above all!
- Experience managing and keeping a team motivated. Can-do attitude and a good sense of humor.
- Great communication skills, can you be engaging as a teacher? :)
- Competitive salary and full of extra benefits!