At Ironhack we are looking for a Lead Instructor for our Web Development Bootcamp who is not only passionate about coding, but also about sharing his/her knowledge with the next generation of developers.
The Lead Instructor is someone who has a deep understanding of programming and good development practices gathered from his/her educational journey and real-world experience. You need to be a strong communicator and very patient -- you’ll need to be able to explain abstract concepts to first-time developers.
The Lead instructor will be responsible for:
- Overseeing the whole academic experience of an Ironhack bootcamp (from student selection to graduation)
- Teaching at our Mexico City Campus
- Creating engaging content for our Web Development courses that may include lessons, exercises and/or mini-projects (but the curriculum and content is ready)
- Managing Junior Instructors (JD) and Teaching Assistants (TA)
- Lead instructor will not need to produce the curriculum. The curriculum in pre-made.
Passion for education:
- Although we don’t require previous formal teaching experience, we’re looking for people that enjoy teaching/mentoring others and that are involved in the coding community.
- Experience managing and keeping a team motivated. Can-do attitude and a good sense of humor.
- Great communication skills; can you be an engaging teacher?ç
Compensation based on experience.