General Manager - Ironhack Miami
Imagine a world where education has been structured the same way for hundreds of years, despite countless technical advances. Sounds pretty archaic, right? We at Ironhack think it sucks that we’ve been learning the same way since the Industrial Revolution, so we’ve created a new system that’s more accelerated, more hands-on, and more outcomes-driven than traditional higher education. We want to help people:
- fast-track their careers,
- get more fulfillment in their work, and
- create a sound financial future by bypassing the typical road into tech (at a fraction of the cost of a University degree).
Our higher purpose started with the idea that the current education model is flawed, but that it doesn’t need to be. This passion has led the team at Ironhack to grow into a work family of 100+ representing over 15 nationalities in 9 campuses around the world. Speaking of the world, we’re the #2 ranked bootcamp globally!
At the end of the day, our team works their butts off to make sure everyone has the opportunity to grow into a dream career in tech. Whether it’s Web Development, UX/UI Design, or Data Analytics, we offer bootcamp courses aimed at doing 2 things:
- Providing students with a portfolio of hands-on projects to show employers
- Providing the resources and training needed to enter the workforce quickly.
No bureaucratic B.S. - we learn together, grow together and make an impact together.
#About the Gig
- You will be responsible for the full operation of Ironhack’s business in the city. This is a leadership position for someone who has both vision and execution skills to lead a business, with full P&L ownership and relentless focus on being the #1 accelerated tech school in the country.
- This is one of the most challenging and rewarding roles at Ironhack, requiring a wide set of skills ranging from operational, analytical, marketing, business development and leadership abilities.
- Our General Managers thrive in an environment that is results-oriented, fast-paced and collaborative.
- They are big-picture individuals who are not afraid to get their hands dirty to deliver results. They are accountable not only for financial metrics, but also for an amazing team of mission-driven individuals who are extremely passionate about what we do!
- You will lead a diverse team that includes teachers, growth, admissions, program manager, career and business development and teaching assistants.
#What you will do
- Build a high performing team. Define hiring needs, execute on those needs, and train new team members
- Build a fun, collaborative, high-performing culture and the best environment for our people
- Own growth of the campus, driving execution to boost revenue, placement rates and student experience in a dynamic environment
- Collaborate with functional teams to drive continuous improvement in your campus
- Identify and communicate product and curriculum needs to product and education teams and share local best practices to scale across the organization
- Be the face of Ironhack internally and externally, representing Ironhack at events and with prospective students
- Develop relationships with companies & other educational institutions and close strategic partnerships
- Co-create and drive execution of local marketing strategy to increase brand awareness
- Manage all operations related aspects of the campus removing blockers, solve problems and show a can-do attitude through ambiguity
- Craft the vision and strategic roadmap for the city
- Own the P&L for your campus; prepare and manage a budget, determine resource requirements and make key strategic decisions
- 7+ years of experience in business development, managing operations, building and developing diverse teams and delivering business goals
- You are entrepreneurial. Perhaps you have managed your our own business or run a business unit within a company
- Solid leadership experience. Successfully built and managed high performing teams of 15+ people
- Passionate about education and changing people’s lives
- Track record of achieving revenue goals by closing large deals and building strategic partnerships
- Demonstrated operational, analytical, marketing, business development, finance and legal skills
- Results oriented with a strong bias for action
- Enjoy community building and love connecting people
- Big picture individual who is comfortable with execution
- Really positive. Smile often and have fun to work with :)
- The moment you get out of bed, you’re getting stuff done. 100% do-er attitude
- Strong communication skills. Comfortable both drafting a memo and making a presentation to an audience
- Nice to have: already have a strong network in the startup ecosystem
- Learn to code, design, or analyze data sets: enroll in our part-time courses for free!
- Competitive salary + variable comp
- Flexible work environment
- Generous vacation policy
- Yearly company off-site
- Inspiring workplace, free snacks + coffee, and smart, passionate team
- Annual educational perk of $750 USD
- Founded in 2013 by Wharton and Harvard grads
- Operations in Miami, Madrid, Barcelona, Paris, Mexico City, Lisbon, Amsterdam, Sao Paulo and Berlin
- 100% YoY Growth (help us to keep it going!)
- Graduated over 4,000 students
- 120+ global team members
- Venture capital backed