Role: Community Builder // Events & Community Builder
#About the gig
The Event & Community Builder is responsible for building and managing Ironhack local community. He's responsible for creating & running events, following up with an engaged database, running the local social media activity & leveraging the local tech scene to place Ironhack at its heart!
He/She will work closely with the Growth Manager (our amazing Carmen!) and together will grow Ironhack's visibility and community in the Portuguese ecosystem.
He/She will be responsible for ALL our organic social media & content generation, collaborating closely with the rest of the team.
We are KPI-driven (always), so the main KPIs for this role will be:
- Social Media growth & engagement (Page Likes, Organic Reach, Organic Engagement)
- Event performance (Attendance volume, attendance rate, attendance conversion)
#Are you ready for the challenge?
You will be working on:
- Events: Plan, manage and execute the event strategy and budget to develop trust and engage among prospects
- Social Media: Develop & Execute social media strategy across all social media channels (Instagram, Facebook, Linkedin, Quora, Meetup, Medium...)
- Networking & Partnerships: Source speakers and participating companies establishing meaningful relationships. Attend and engage with industry events
- Event Content: Work with the Growth & Inbound Manager to create content from events
- Community Management: Work with the Growth & Inbound Manager to execute campaigns to attract leads to events & to convert them after the event
- Local Partnerships: Position Ironhack at the centre of the local community through local partnerships
- Alumni Community: Manage & Execute local Alumni Events and other top of the funnel initiatives such as Circus
- You dream big: we are building the best Tech School in Portugal, ever!
- Creative, good writing skills and like to manage projects involving different stakeholders
- You enjoy community building
- Extremely organized and take an analytical approach to solve any kind of problem
- Positive person. Can-do attitude at ALL times.
- You thrive in a chaotic early-stage startup environment and enjoy having tons of autonomy
- The moment you get out of bed, you’re getting stuff done. 100% do-er attitude
- Native Portuguese and working proficiency in English
- We embrace constant learning, can-do attitude and 100% positivism!!
- Flexible work environment
- Possibility of doing any of our part-time bootcamps
- MacBook Pro
- Work in the coolest school in Portugal (new campus in January 2020!)
- Ironbeers every Friday!
Ironhack is an education startup that was founded to disrupt the way we learn about technology. Our higher purpose is to transform the education space by making it customer-centric and outcomes-driven. Students finish our program with a new way of thinking and approaching problems, resulting in new jobs, promotions at their current jobs, or companies they’ve built. We are now operating 9 campuses globally and graduated over 3500 students already.
Ironhack Lisbon kicked-off in November 2018 in a coworking floating desk. By September 2019, we have already enrolled over 130+ students in our bootcamps and became the fastest-growing tech school in Portugal (or we believe so!).