Coding Bootcamp Lead Instructor
At Ironhack we are looking for a Lead Instructor for our Web Development Bootcamp who is not only passionate about coding, but also about sharing his/her knowledge with the next generation of developers. The Lead Instructor is someone who has a deep understanding of programming and good development practices gathered from his/her educational journey and real-world experience. You need to be a strong communicator and very patient -- you’ll need to be able to explain abstract concepts to first-time developers.
The Lead instructor will be responsible for:
- Overseeing the whole academic experience of an Ironhack bootcamp (from student selection to graduation)
- Teaching at our Miami Campus
- Creating engaging content for our Web Development courses that may include lessons, exercises and/or mini-projects
- Managing Teaching Assistants (TA)
- Screening our prospective students through technical interviews and coding challenges
Ironhack is an education startup that was founded to change the way we learn about technology. We offer bootcamps, immersive learning experiences to extremely motivated students who want to change career directions or turbocharge their current professional trajectory.
We think it sucks that we’ve been learning pretty much the same way since the Industrial Revolution (200+ years and counting!). That’s why we’re excited about trying new models of education. We love the energy of in-person instruction, but also love using technology to enhance the classroom experience.
IronHack collaborates with top level firms such as Mckinsey’s Generation Initiative and organize the best hackathons such as eMerge Americas in Miami.
We’re located in Miami, Madrid, Barcelona and Paris and started operations in the fall of 2013. But we’re really just getting started. Come join us and help us build the future of Education
- Technologies & skills with professional experience:
- Deep understanding of computer programming principles.
- Follow Engineering best practices to solve problems.
- Web Design (Responsive HTML / CSS frameworks / jQuery)
- Front-end Framework (Angular2, React, Backbone)
- NoSQL Databases (MongoDB, Redis)
- Other technologies that would be useful to have:
- At least one additional object-oriented scripting languages (ruby preferred)
- SQL Databases (PostgreSQL, MariaDB, Neo4).
- Infrastructure (cloud deployment, security, devOps, performance)
- Passion for education: although we don’t require previous formal teaching experience, we’re looking for people that enjoy teaching/mentoring others and that are involved in the coding community.
- Experience managing and keeping a team motivated. Can-do attitude and a good sense of humor.
- Great communication skills, can you be engaging as a teacher? :)